Sorry for being MIA, you guys. No big excuse here, to put it simply: I haven’t been in the mood to blog lately. But I think, I think I’m easing my way back! Despite the no-blogging mood though, I was never not in the mood for makeup, like most of you, I suspect. Here are some recent acquisitions.
From upper left- clockwise:
1. Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Eye Quad in Textured Cocoa, which I ordered from Bon Marche. A little sad story though–the package arrived with each and every product I ordered carefully bubble wrapped and in carton boxes, but I guess the courier wasn’t careful enough, and this quad, at least the shimmery color, broke down on me. 😦
I emailed Bon Marche about this though, and although they have a no return policy (and I do really think it was the courier’s fault), they promised to send over a L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow for free upon my next order. Pero hassle, I was really excited for this quad. ANYWAY!
2. I got this Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 045 Pink Me Up from my mom. Upon receiving this, I realized I’ve never tried Maybelline lipsticks before! It was probably the packaging or the color selection (I used to see a lot of frosty shades, which I am entirely not into), but this particular lipstick really works on me, surprisingly. It’s a slightly nude-y, plummy shade that turns out is a MLBB shade for me. I’ve also noticed that it lasts fairly long on my lips, longer than your average creamy lipstick, anyway.
3. I used to be really into The Body Shop’s Lip & Cheek Stain when I was in college–is it me or did they change the formulation of these? I remember these being really pigmented and long-wearing, but not it seems to have fallen into mediocrity. Poor pigmentation and lasting power.
4. My first Flower Beauty product, yay! This is Flower Beauty’s Shine on Lip Gloss in LG3 Lovely Lotus, which I got upon Tati’s recommendation. It’s a lot more sheer than I expected (I was thinking along the lines of my favorite Nyx Butter Gloss) but actually feels quite comfortable on the lips (a tad tackier than the Butter Glosses, too, but just a tad). I got this from Bon Marche as well.
5. Another purchase from Bon Marche: Nuance by Salma Hayek AM/PM Anti-Aging Super Cream because, well, old age. It seemed really affordable, too and so I purchased it and lo and behold, a teensy weensy jar. Gaaah I must learn to read the fine print better.
6. Yet another Nyx Butter Gloss, this time in a shade called Maple Blondie, which turns out isn’t too different from the other one I have (Vanilla Creme Pie). Still, I love it.
How have you been? 🙂