I’ve always been a lipstick girl so I find it weird how I’ve been venturing towards other lip product forms the moment I was tagged by Carina to take on a Lipstick Week.
Either way, I hope it’s not cheating too much but lip gloss is still a lip product, so it’s not exactly cheating right? It’s a mild flirtation.
A couple of weeks ago, someone gave a couple of stuff from The Face Shop (and I’ve never really been acquainted well with their products) and it included a lipgloss. I’m not one to wear lip gloss. I tried a couple before, all gifted to me by the way: let’s see, there was a Victoria’s Secret one, a NARS one (but I hated the color it was in so didn’t really use it), and a Covergirl one. First of all, the shades those came in where too…sparkly for me. Second, lip gloss always feels weird on my lips. I am never comfortable with lipgloss on. Third, those weren’t highly pigmented, I mean, if I were to put anything on my lips, I’d want it to make a statement of sorts. There has to be at least some color in there. Fourth, those glosses clung to everything like crazy. My hair, my coffee mug, on occasion, my shirt (but okay maybe I’m just really clumsy).
After giving those glosses chances, I decided to stop giving any lip gloss a chance. Up to now.
The Face Shop’s Lovely Me:Ex I Love Pure Color Pure My Lips in Juicy Peach is a ‘milky peach’ shade which looks really yummy actually. I’ve been seeing a lot of these ‘milky’ glosses on Korean makeup stands lately and I’m thankful for these shades. I disliked the sparkly, shimmery glosses most of the Western brands used to come in. Those probably do look good on other people but it doesn’t intertwine with my ‘character’. This TFS lip gloss, however, is love.
- Its formula is not sticky–definitely not sticky the way I remembered lipglosses to be. It actually feels quite comfortable on my lips.
- It is highly pigmented and definitely buildable. Just look at that lovely color.
- It does not transfer CRAZILY on to coffee mugs (a prerequisite for me)–it does transfer a bit, of course, as you would expect a gloss too, but not crazily! After a glass of water/coffee/rhum/tequila/whathaveyou, you will still find some product on your lips.
- It lasts longer on my lips than most lipglosses.
- Beautiful when paired with other lip products too! I personally like pairing it with either my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey or Art Deco Hydra Lip Color 08.
All in all, a thumbs up! It has drawn back my supposedly wavered interest in lip glosses. Oh but wait, The Face Shop isn’t CF. That, in the end, is the only downside to this product. Since I’m a gloss newbie, are there any CF glosses you’d recommend to me? Let me know! 🙂