1. Too Cool for School’s Pearly Bay Invasion in #2 Baby Pink Clam. Because it is beautiful–despite problems with its dispenser.
And also, I emailed the local Too Cool For School account and inquired whether their products were cruelty free or not. This was their reply: “Yes all of our products are cruelty-free and also it’s made from natural ingredients. Thank You!” I was grateful for the prompt reply and that they claim this to be so but I requested for a more formal declaration of being cruelty free, if they had a link that certifies this or whatever but I am waiting for a reply to that. I will update you when I receive it. *Crosses fingers* Please be really cruelty free, Too Cool for School!
2. I still have my Nyx Rouge Cream Blush in 12 Bronze Goddess in here. Seriously, it’s a lovely color with a dual purpose! I use it to contour, and it is lovely for contouring! It looks natural and is easily blendable, but recently I’ve been using it as a cream eyeshadow as well. It has a very ‘wet’ look to it, as a cream eyeshadow, reminiscent of those dewy fashion editorials I covet. It isn’t the most long-wearing eyeshadow so a primer is a must for that purpose.
3. I also have the Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in 260 Heavenly in here. Dammit Covergirl, why can’t you be cruelty-free? Huhu. But seriously, I continue to love the formula of this, the wearing power and the shade too! I am in the process of using this up so that I’d be out of un-CF products soon.
4. ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream in St. Lucia is a new addition to the roundup but it’s here solely for the Contouring Blush. I find that the Bronzing Cream in it goes more deep apricot than brown on me, if that makes sense. Actually, now that I think about it, the ‘Bronzing Cream’ goes on beautifully as a blush than as a bronzer. Like I said, the bronzer is a warm apricot shade . Perhaps it’ll go on better as a bronzer for very very fair skintones.
I love the contouring blush of the duo. When swatched, it goes a little more vibrant than the apricot-ness of the bronzer but what I love the most about this blush is that it dries out matte. I love my Stila Convertible Color and that’s beautiful for summer days/nights by the beach because it leaves your skin dewy, but for other days or when you’re not by the beach and you live in Manila you can tend to look over-dewy (read: super oily). So I love this stuff , especially for rainy days.
5. Bloom Organics Hydrating Facial Moisturizer with Moroccan Argan Oil and Rose Water. This stuff has no artificial fragrances or colors, no parabens, no sulfates, no animal testing, no mineral oils, no silicones, no petrochemicals. I don’t actually think of it a HG-material but I do love its scent. I’ve recently come to realize that I love rose scents, so if you’re into that too, you might like this.
6. Rio Honey Melon sugar free mints which isn’t a beauty product exactly but you always must have good breath, right? And I’m obsessed with this, the flavor!
7. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Starfish, which comes with the palette below but I think it deserves a shoutout of its own. I’ve never been disappointed by Stila Waterproof smudge sticks, and I love this one! Starfish is a lovely but complicated shade–there’s definitely some green and brown and gold and grey and black in there. I’ve been wearing it constantly! It also does not budge unless I want it gone. I’ve worn this dancing all night, drinking all night, on hot afternoons walking around, doing errands, and it has been a good friend.
8. Stila In the Garden Palette has taught me to really dabble into eyeshadows. I feel like I’ll never run out of different looks with this one. I love the formula, the variety of shades… I’ve proclaimed my love for it in this post! But checking the palette now, I’ve noticed that I’ve used the following shades the most: breeze ( shimmery beige), honey (metallic bronze gold), bark (shimmery taupe) and moss (dark olive green with shimmer).
9. I’ve rekindled my love affair with Moroccan Argan Oil–this is HG-material for me. This one is from Botanique Spa. I love multipurpose products. I use this for my hair, on my body after showering, as a night moisturizer. I really do notice that it makes my skin better!
10. Last but not the least, a repeat appearance of Art Deco’s Hydra Lip Color in 08–I have a pending review on this which I should probably get into–my lipstick week posts are not even halfway done! Haha. But seriously, I’ve been using this a whole lot.
What are your favorites?