So I’m packing for a supposedly three day trip to Davao–there’s a gig we’re going to, and the next day was supposed to be Samal Island, a place I really fell in love with–but it turns out it’s on the same weekend as the Deftones Koi No Yokan concert, which I can’t miss! So what’s gonna happen is, I’m flying in tomorrow to at least catch the festivities and then I’m flying back to Manila Sunday lunchtime to make it in time for the concert! You’re probably not as interested in that bit as you might be for the next part, so I’ll just trudge along to it: in my makeup bag I’ll be bringing..
1. Egyptian Magic Cream–which I’ll use as my nightcream and possibly as a moisturizer (but I might end up looking too oily, shiny…) but anyways I always feel safe having a multipurpose product with me when traveling. I like using this on my elbows, too. I dislike dry elbows.
2. Sleek’s Be Beautiful Blemish Balm in Light because, well, BB creams are the easiest things to have when traveling. And I like this one, too.
3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey, which was purchased (and loved!) before my cruelty-free oath. I still want to finish this one, though. It’s the most convenient lip product ever, I think, and it stays on a long time and doesn’t transfer to cups or spoons or forks or cigarettes (Cigarettes! What an example. Don’t smoke, kids!). Anyway, I love it and I am spending as much time as it as I can until I finish it and never get to use it again.
4. Missha Perfect Concealer–good news, btw! I just found out Missha is cruelty-free! Yay! I can now get my hands on their BB cream! Anyway, this is the only concealer I have now and it is good and creamy but I can’t get wait to get my hands on the Collection (2000) ones that are bound to arrive in Manila soon.
5. Estee Lauder Mascara, which was purchased pre-cruelty-free phase so…I’m bringing it because it’s the smallest mascara I have (with a big wand!) and well, I do like it a lot too.
6. Bourjois Flower Perfection Translucent Smoothing Primer just in case my face gets extra oily. But honestly I’m trying not to use this up because I’ve hit pan! And I can’t get this stuff here, huhu.
7. ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Cream in St. Lucia–a new purchase and my oh my I love it. (Coming out with a review soon!)
8. Nyx Wonder Pencil in Medium because, like I said, multipurpose products just make my day. I use this on my lower waterline and to sort of highlight my brow bone. Oh! And as a reverse lip liner. Le sigh.
9. Prestige Brow Perfection because it already has the spoolie attached to it.
10. Wet ‘n Wild Matte Lipstick in Smokin’ Hot Pink. I am honestly loving this shade of pink right now and I’ve always loved WnW’s matte lipstick formulas.
And just because I felt like it, I swatched some of them for you.
From left to right: Prestige Brow Perfection in Dark Brown (I believe), Nyx Wonder Pencil in Medium, ELF’s bronzing cream, ELF’s blush cream, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey and Wet ‘n Wild’s Smokin’ Hot Pink (which sort of looks like a tomato red here, sorry about that, I blame the lighting but it’s a lovely hot pink that’s not too hot, if that makes sense.)