Hi, sorry for disappearing from the face of the earth for a while, work ate me up! But now that that project’s done, I guess I can go back to the way things were. The day after I finished the project, I woke up early and had a nice long hand massage, a manicure, a pedicure and a haircut. (And I might’ve bought a couple of things here and there, which will be on a recent acquisitions post soon). So, hello! Here are this month’s (and my first ever) empties!
1. Catena Honey Moisturizing Hand and Body Wash, a biiiig bottle that I got for 88 bucks at Daiso! I discovered this one through my mom went I went home to our province a couple of months back. I love it! It absolutely smells like honey, which is one of my favorite things ever. (I always have to have honey.) And the scent does really last a long time. As much as I love it though, I won’t be repurchasing this because I don’t think the brand is cruelty-free. Boo!
2. Montagne Jeunesse Chocolate Masque, around Php79 at Watson’s. It’s a cruetly-free brand and is vegetarian society-approved! I love this a lot…I seriously feel the difference, in terms of ‘elasticity’ anyway, of my skin after using it. Fair warning though, I don’t think will go well with sensitive skin. The first time I used it (in December), it stung my skin a bit which is weird because I don’t have sensitive skin. I got good compliments about my skin after though. Stubborn as I am, I repurchased it and now it doesn’t sting my skin anymore sooooo….anyway, I’ll be repurchasing this again.
3. Green Cross Active Protect Insect Repellent Lotion, a must have when traveling. I have a number of beach trips still coming up so I need a new one. I honestly like this better than Off! Lotion as I feel this really gets rid of insects from biting me.
4. Leyende Face Canvas Moisturizer. I love this stuff especially for the scent: it smells like Mango Butter! (Please Leyende, make a perfume with this scent.) It’s not completely empty but this has been with me for more than 2 years now, I think, and organic products shouldn’t be used way after its first year. I”m not repurchasing this particular product just because it doesn’t have SPF but I am purchasing a lot of other stuff from Leyende (their face sunblock, for one, and shampoo and conditioner).
5. Etude House Sunprise 3 Proof 50+ SPF/PA+++. That was a mouthful, even if I’m only typing it down. Not repurchasing this because it left a grey cast on my face (and this is supposed to be the ‘natural’ one, the other variant of this was whitening. Eew.) and because I don’t think Etude House is cruelty-free.
6. Liquid Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser. I liked it a lot, the feeling of something mild cleansing my face. I’m not in love with it though, like say, how much I love my St. Ives Green Tea Scrub. I’m not repurchasing it because it isn’t cruelty-free.
7. Cyber Colors Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, a purchase from my last HK trip and I sort of regret just getting the small bottle. I love this stuff a lot! It’s a very gentle, oil-based makeup remover that absolutely gets the job done. I’m open to new, cruelty-free options though, if you have any!
8. & 9. How can convenient was it that two of my liquid eyeliners went dry on me on the exact same day? My almost 3 year old Revlon Color Stay Liquid Eye Pen (a favorite of mine for so many years now) and the Etude House Drawing Show Dot Liner (which I loved for ease of use) have passed. The Revlon one stays on like a dream and lasts long, it doesn’t dry out easily–as you can see, I’ve had it for years now. And the Etude one was pretty likeable, not as long wearing as the Revlon one, but it stays in good, especially with eye primer. I won’t be repurchasing this due to my cruelty-free quest, but I have since tried on the Essence Liquid Liner, a review of which should be posted up soon.
10. The Etude Proof 10 eye primer has dried out on me too. Because of the weird bottle, I can’t seem to scrape of any of the excess on the sides. Boo. We did have some good fun together but not repurchasing.
11. This one I’m saddest about: Stila Smudge Stick in Smoke–I got it in a 3-stick travel set but the other two colors, the black and brown ones have gone practically untouched. I love this shade a lot, a whole lot. It lasts a loooong time too. Definitely repurchasing this in the bigger stick, too.
So anyway I should be posting more stuff soon, yay. Talk to you later!