1. An all encompassing favorite: CRUETLY FREE PRODUCTS! Hurrah! I thought I was going to be limited by this shift, this pledge to go cruelty free but I am not. If anything, I’m exploring even newer brands and I am as excited as ever. If you want to read my previous posts regarding this one, click here and here.
2. Sleek’s Be Beautiful Blemish Balm in Light. I just realized that I never really talked about purchasing this, but I do have a review in my drafts! This is a nice, natural looking (no grey cast!) BB cream with shades that I think are more ‘realistic’! Hahaha. What I mean is, it has shades and a formulation for ladies like me, who have no desire whatsoever to look ‘whiter’–a lot of BB creams have ‘whitening’ properties which I ugh hate. I am very happy with my skin tone, thank you very much. If you feel like a lot of BB creams out there are too pale for you, check out Sleek’s!
3. Nyx Rouge Cream Blush in Bronze Goddess. I use this to contour my cheeks now and it goes on subtly, which I love. It’s a lovely sheer bronze that is buildable and not scary at all, because I do realize that it does look sort of scary in the pot. I’m really into cream things now, I observe.
4. Stila Convertible Color in Lilium. A staple in my monthly faves, I believe, and with good reason! I’ve had this forever and I continue to love it and I need a new one because I’ve finally hit pan on this.
5. Egyptian Magic Cream. I’ve rekindled my affair with this one–I don’t even know why there was a pause in our relationship. I use this as my night cream and I feel that it moisturizes my skin perfectly, and it also lightens my acne scars. I also use it as lip balm.
6. Art Deco Hydra Lip Color in 08. Manifestations of new loves: the Art Deco brand (I’ve never tried it before and I am seriously loving it now) and shiny lipstick (which I never thought I’d love this much). This is probably the solution to the itch I have never come to scratch: before my cruelty-free pledge I was hungry to try L’oreal’s Lip Caresse lipsticks, those shiny yummy lipsticks everyone has been raving about. So anyway, I obviously didn’t go that route and now I am here, loving this lipstick. It’s a coral-peachy shade that goes on naturally, like I just sucked on an ice cube (which is a very good idea for weather like this). I have put nothing on my lips but this one for the entire second half of the month. Quenched is a good word. It makes my lips look quenched.
7. Nyx Wonder Pencil in Medium. I love multitasking products. This goes on my lower waterline, and for ‘organizing’ the outside area of my brows and for covering unwanted spots. This is something I have to have in my bag at all times.
8. Essence Ready for Boarding 2 in 1 Kajal Pencil in Destination Sunshine. I love the cream one for my lower waterline and the blue one, for playful days, on my upper lash line. I’m seriously going back for the other 2 in 1 pencil that’s grey and brown.
9. Clean Fresh Laundry. Every spritz is like a much needed cool breeze. I have always loved this perfume but tucked it away for days like these. Now, when the weather is unbearably hot and I always feel parched. It smells exactly like freshly laundered clothes and it transports me to lovely breezy days.
10. Nyx Jumbo eye pencil in Iced Mocha. For lazy seasons like now, I just draw it on my entire eyelid and smooth it out. I can also use this for a smokier brown version by simply going over the outer v of my eyes after smoothing it on my lid. I also sometimes use this as an upper lash line liner. I love the flexibility of it.
11. Biopha Organic Makeup Removal Lotion. It’s affordable at Php350 for this huge bottle and it leaves my skin feeling fresh. I thought it would be a while lotion type thing (similar to the Etude Tea lotion thing) but it goes out like a toner-consistency. Clear and watery. I love oil based makeup removers usually but I just can’t use them with this heat.
What are your April favorites? 🙂