Because I never got to list my January 2013 favorites, I’m merging those with my February favorites list, which consists of pretty much the same things.
The first two months of the year have been transition months, I must say, beauty-wise of course. Lately I’ve been loving a lot of neutrals, more wearable everyday lip products. I guess I’ve been pretty much obsessed with looking for either MLBB shades or the perfect nude, which is new to me as I always have been a bold lippie kinda girl. Also, I found a new fascination with eyeshadows. I used to have two or three little eye trios/quads and now I am constantly on the lookout for nice new eye shadows out there. To sum it up, I guess, I’ve been wanting to look more ladylike the past two months. Ha, we shall see about that.
1. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Mascara, something I picked up in Hong Kong during my New Year trip. It was part of their promo deal, it came in a travel size and was very affordable. I’ve never used an Estee Lauder mascara before and I didn’t know what to expect from it, but it turns out, I love it. Its effect lies in between subtle and in-your-face lashes, I would say. I don’t know if this makes sense, but, it makes me lashes look graceful.
2. Missha Perfect Concealer in Natural Beige, something that I’ve been using everyday since I got it. It’s creamy, pigmented and very blendable. More importantly, it’s really affordable.
3. Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Heavenly, which I’ve raved about and about and about. I absolutely love the ease this comes with; it glides on easily, stays put and eventually leaves a lovely stain. Affordable too! I’m pretty much in love with it.
4. The Balm’s Shady Mama Single Eyeshadow in All About Alex. It’s weird that I haven’t done a decent review on this (I will soon, I promise! This week!) but take it as a very good review that it’s in my Jan-Feb favorites! I’m so lousy at taking nighttime photos of myself (come to think of it, dayttime too) but I honestly have been using this shadow a lot for my nighttime looks. It’s a lovely and very wearable green shade with hints of grey that I was scared of, at first. I really thought it wasn’t too wearable! I was wrong, I love it stupendously now. More than the color, I love the formula of these, they are creamy and have zero fallout! Seriously, get your hands on eyeshadows from The Balm.
5. Shiseido Perfect Rouge Glowing Matte Lipstick in PK224. It was love at first sight, and here is a link where I state how much I love it, despite its flaws.
6. Maybelline Masterbrow Eyeliner in this taupe-greyish color, because I’ve never really tried a color like it before (I usually stuck with browns) but it works for me, I think!
7. Demeter Cologne in Baby Powder and I’m freaking out because I’m about to run out of it, huhu. It’s my go-to everyday fragrance and it smells exactly like Baby Powder and I love it. I must make it last til summer ends because I get a cooler feeling every time I wear it.
8. Maybelline Baby Lips in Energizing Orange. I love the flavor and how it moisturizes my lips, and well I could only wish for those tinted versions to finally arrive in the Philippines. (p.s. I think it’s really really weird how Maybelline Philippines does not update its stocks–Maybelline FitMe Foundation please, or Color Tattoos! They will sell here, I swear!)
9. Blending Sponges! In my holy grail of makeup tools! It makes applying foundation a breeze, a natural thing, a walk in the park, a joyous thing!
10. Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub, because I have been obsessed with having the most moisturized, unchapped lips ever, since that cold spell that happened in January (cold spell gone now though).
11. L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Liquid Foundation in N7 (Nude Amber) has converted me from a bb-cream advocate to a foundation-lover! It feels weightless on my skin, blends easily and always looks natural. I love this stuff.
12. Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Ex has been a nightly since I first used it. I always, always wake up with beautifully moisturized skin, and not in a greasy way.
13. The St. Ives Green Tea Scrub/ Etude House Wonder Pore combination= a winner for my skin.
14. Cyber Colors Eye Makeup Remover! It’s oil free and instantly removes any supposedly stubborn eye makeup I have on, yay. Bad news is that I can only purchase it from Sasa.
15. Stila Smudge Crayons, in Smoke particularly. This light taupe-gold shade can play tricks with the mind; I love it to line my lower waterline. It’s like I have eyeliner but it doesn’t look like I do. It’s a weird thing but I love it.
What are your Feb favorites?