I’m probably a bad blogger because I fail to bring a camera with me everywhere, especially for important events like friends’ weddings. I told you about the garden wedding I went to last weekend, and well, I didn’t have a camera with me. So I’m pretty glad all my friends were equipped with snazzy phones and cameras, I grabbed most of them to show you how my makeup turned out to be!
Let me tell you this, it didn’t turn out as planned. We were expecting a rather rainy day, as it has been pouring like crazy the days before. So I planned to put on heavier makeup. But suddenly, hours before the wedding, the skies cleared up! It turned out to be a really sunny afternoon. 🙂 So I had to tone down my eye makeup a bit, and also I realized I was bound to cry (as I always do at weddings, but especially with this wedding! I love this couple and they’ve been together forever and it was about time they got married and I am so so so happy for them!), and plus, I had two guy friends as roommates who were nagging us to do our makeup quickly (damn youuuu), and thus, my makeup wasn’t as complete as I wanted it to be. I lack liquid eyeliner on my top lid, and more eye definition. But I was happy nonetheless, I was in a lovely place, with good friends, good food, good alcohol, and good love. 🙂
Okay, so this is my only sort of close up photo and it isn’t very flattering, I know, because my friend Carl took it after I bawled my eyes out during the ceremony (dammit). (It was a lovely wedding, you guys, we were all very emotional.) So pardon if I look horrible but here’s what I used:
1. My favorite L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Foundation in N7 Nude Amber
2. Missha Perfect Concealer in Medium
3. Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Princess
4. Stila Convertible Color in Lilium
5. Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Pearl Bay Invasion Luminizer in Baby Pink Clam, which I used for the inner corners of my eyes, my brow bone and that spot above the cheeks to temples, you know the drill.
6. Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Walking in Eggshells, the pink champagne and brown shade mostly. The champagne one I patted all over my lid, then I used the brown shade as a transition color.
7. The Balm Shady Lady Eyeshadow Singles in Shameless Shana, which I patted on the creases of my eyes and blended upwards, for a semi-cat eye look. I also patted it with a thin eyeshadow brush under my lower waterline.
8. Stila Smudge Crayon in Black, which I used to line my lower waterline and on my upper lid then blended upward.
9. For my eyebrows I used the Maybelline Masterbrow (but this photo doesn’t justify the product! I probably rubbed my forehead or something, weird. Look at other photos instead! Hahaha)
10. For my lips I swiped on a combination of my daily favorites: Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Heavenly and Shiseido Perfect Rouge Glowing Matte Lipstick in PK224.
11. I used Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara for my lashes.
Woohoo fun times! So there, I have the loveliest friends (inside and out) and I had a good, really good weekend and I send all of you good vibes, from where I am to where you are! 🙂