The lip things in my makeup caddy right now.
1. My favorite red: Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red. (Love the pigmentation and staying power! And most of all, the affordability.)
2. My favorite dusty rose/mauve: Stila Longwear Liquid Lip Color in Patina (Gorgeous berry shade, stays on forever—that is, if you use the applicator that comes with it or a lip brush. I tried patting it on with my fingers, for a more ‘natural’ look, and it didn’t stay on and it came off in patches, really ugly. But as long as you apply it the prescribed way, you should be good. It could be drying, too, so make sure you exfoliate your lips! Oh and it sort of smells like vanilla or cookies. I don’t know something sweet but not overly sweet!)
3. Favorite everyday lip products: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. (The Stila one used to be my everyday lip product but these bumped them off the shelf. They are suuuuper easy to apply and they stay on a long, long, long, long time. The heavier pigmented shades stay on longer than the lighter ones. They are minty when first applied, and if you’re not into anything minty, don’t worry the ‘mint effect’ fades almost abruptly.)
4. Favorite Plum: Wet ‘n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy. (I am in love with this shade. Has to be applied carefully though.)
5. The showoff: Mac’s Lady Danger. (Oh the name! Lady Danger! How can I resist? A beautiful matte orangey-red that made me swoon. I may have overused it during the midyear so I’m taking a break from it for a bit, but I shall return to it soon!)
6. Favorite nude: Wet ‘n Wild Just Peachy (Lovely formula and shade. It’s the kind of nude that doesn’t make you look like a ghost. It’s not the kind of matte that dries your lips out. And it stays on a good deal. It is quite cheap, too.)
7. I didn’t like this at all, but I think I still have to give it a try: Revlon Superlustrous Matte Lipstick in Smoked Peach. (I was about to run out of the Wet ‘n Wild Just Peachy lipstick so I thought I’d maybe go for a Revlon one. I thought hey, I love Really Red, so therefore I’ll really love this one. Wrong. This is apparently a Super Lustrous Matte lipstick, much different from the Matte ones. It was drying, pigments caved into every little crack. I’m still not giving up on it though, I want to give it another shot.)
8. I thought I was going to love this the first time I put it on but I didn’t. But recently, because of this post actually, I gave it another try and now I’m hooked: Revlon Superlustrous Creme Lipstick in Siren. (This one, is not to be confused with the Superlustrous Matte Lipsticks. It’s a creamier, more sheen finish. I love this color, a true but wearable orange. Looks great in the summer, when I’m tanner and just as great when I’m paler. )
9. Cute coral: Palladio Lipstick in Coral Punch. (This one I purchased on a whim. It’s a nice orange-red, sort of similar to Lady Danger, actually. But I got this months before I had my hands on Lady Danger. I actually get a lot of compliments when I wear this one. I only wish it stayed on longer though.)
10. Summer lips: Etude House’s Miss Tangerine Sweet Shower Lips. (Now I don’t know the name of this shade because it’s written in Korean, but it’s a nice coral shade. It makes my lips look like I just ate an orange popsicle and that I love. It’s very glossy hence the ‘Sweet Shower Lips’ tag. And as you know, glossy lip products don’t exactly stay on too long. Nonetheless, I love this on my lips during the summer months. Oh, you need to exfoliate your lips before using this one!)
11. Good for everyday wear, but I ran out of it: Etude House Apricot Stick Gloss. (I forget which one this is, #6 or #4…again, the packaging is in Korean. This is a cute gloss thing I can wear everyday, and I’m not too much into gloss. The thing about this is that even when the gloss runs out, it leaves a bit of a stain on the lips. I emphasize ‘a bit’. Not too much of a stain to call this product a gloss/stain.
12. I don’t know why I still have this because I never use this: Clinique glosswear for lips in intense sparkle. (As mentioned above, I am not a gloss wearing girl. But I did try to use this once or twice because well, it was in my cosmetic caddy so might as well use it. First of all, the smell. It was very plasticky and unpleasant. Second, I found it to be too sticky. Or maybe I’m just not used to glosses at all. But the Etude House ones have seemed to won me over, this hasn’t.)
13. Lip balms: Burts Bees Sun Protecting Lip Balm with SPF 8, Burts Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter, and Etude House Kissful Lip Care in #01 Peach. (We all need lip balm. Of these three, I use the Kissful Lip Care the most. It smells like peaches, which I love, and it makes your lips look like you just licked them—-in a non-gross way. I use the Burts Bees Sun Protecting Lip Balm the most when travelling or when on the beach.)
Swatches! I didn’t edit these photos at all except for putting them on a photo grid, so as to do a side by side comparison. On the left are the regular photos of the lip products swatched, on the right are those taken with a flash.
From top to bottom: Clinique Glosswear for Lips in Intense Sparkle, WnW Sugar Plum Fairy, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Darling, Stila Long Wear Liquid Lip Color in Patina, Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red, Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Smoked Peach, Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Siren, WnW Just Peachy, Palladio Lipstick in Coral Punch, Mac Matte Lipstick in Lady Danger, Etude House Apricot Gloss (number unknown), and Etude House Miss Tangerine Sweet Shower Lips. Not in swatch are the lip balms.