I don’t know if I mentioned this before but the reason I don’t have too many tutorials (not that I’m really good with makeup or anything but I just really like wearing em) or look of the day kinda posts is because I suck at taking photos of myself. I always try to after putting on makeup, thinking these could be beauty blogging material, but I delete them right away as soon as I see them (they suck big time huhu). But the other day the selfie gods were kinda nice to me, I was able to find some decent lighting and relatively un-awkward photos turned up. So here’s what I looked like the other day, as a result of playing around with the new stuff I got from the last trip. :)
Pardon the messy bed and background, but here’s a rundown of what’s on my face:
- Stila’s One Step Correct Serum as primer
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in No. 53 Light Beige
- 3CE Full Cover Concealer in 002
- Hourglass Ambient Dim Light to set concealer
- 3CE Duo Color Face Blush in #Make Me Blush on my cheeks
- Hourglass Ambient Radiant Light around the edges of my face for a very light contour
- Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study all over my lid
- Maybelline the Rocket Volum’ Express on my lashes
- ELF Eyebrow Kit for my brows–the dark gel on the lower part and edges of the brows, the lighter powder on the inner corners of the brow
- Nichido Clear Eyebrow Gel to set my brows
- 3CE Jumbo Lip Crayon in #Oh, My Pink
- Hourglass Ambient Incandescent Light on my brow bone, the tops of my cheeks and down the bridge of my nose for highlight
How’s Monday treating ya?
Hello! The last time I wrote in here was the first week of July, which seems like eons ago. I guess I should start with the life updates, which will explain my absence. For starters, I’m pregnant! :) And for the first few months of this pregnancy, I soooo wasn’t in the mood to do anything but sleep. That’s my excuse: I was sleeping. Also, the manfriend and I have decided to move to another house–one more suitable for a baby, and so I’ve been crazy busy packing when not sleeping. Now that I’m in my second trimester though, I feel much more…awake! And more productive. So last weekend, the manfriend/baby daddy had a convention to attend to in Hong Kong and I tagged along because I don’t really mind going around the city by myself while he works, because: Sasa, Bonjour, Colourmix, 3CE. I don’t think I need to say any more than that.
Despite the latter sentence, my first day haul isn’t too exciting, beauty-wise because I spent a whole lot of time in Ikea, buying stuff for the house. I did manage to go to a Sasa branch and managed to get only these:
An EOS Honeysuckle Honeydew lipbalm orb, and also the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in No. 53 Light Beige, which I hope is the perfect match for my current shade. Also, Bourjois stuff is pricey in Sasa, ha! At least, compared to the prices I’ve seen online.
I promise the next two hauls are more exciting than this one!
Sooooo…how’ve you been? I’ve missed reading all your posts!!